1. Every realistic character needs a dark side.
2. It’s often the tiny things that make great stories.
3. Characters have to fail, or else it isn’t interesting.
4. Sometimes, it’s best to summarize.
5. Every author, even the best of them, will get told “no” at some point in their career.
6. Small things in the story can have big impacts.
7. Even the worst villains have a personality beneath all that evil.
8. Proper research makes a story feel more realistic.
9. Mustaches make every novel better.